Presentations highlight new ideas, research, innovative programs, and/or promising practices related to improving maternal health. MHLIC is focused on identifying work to reduce maternal mortality and severe maternal morbidity. While we include proposals that address clinical interventions, we especially seek submissions that focus on public health, policy, or system work to improve maternal health, particularly relating to black and indigenous women, and those in rural communities.
Presenters can choose to submit a proposal for:
- 30-minute proposals will include at least 10 minutes of discussion/audience Q&A.
- 60-minute proposals will include at least 20 minutes of discussion/audience Q&A
Currently, we plan to host an in person Symposium with a virtual option the following week. Please indicate in your proposal whether you prefer to present virtually or in person.
Registration is free for all participants and presenters, whether in person or virtual.
Presentation proposals should align with our Symposium focus areas this year which include:
- Community, Clinical, and/or Public Health
- Special focus—for notable presentations that do not fit in the above
Presentation proposals will be reviewed for inclusion in the Symposium based on strength of the following factors:
- Applicability of the topic to maternal health
- Quality of session content
- Balance of topics on the Symposium agenda
- Incorporation of equity considerations with presentations
For Examples of Topics for Presentations videos: View the 2022 playlist here.