AIM for Innovation to Improve Maternal Health
#AIMforInnovation is a campaign designed to highlight innovations and push for new approaches to address maternal health in the U.S. The training and social media campaign will launch February 2023 by the Maternal Health Learning and Innovation Center (MHLIC) and the Alliance for Innovation on Maternal Health (AIM) in an effort to elevate important maternal health equity resources for health professionals.
The co-branded campaign features monthly content around specific themes and topics related to AIM Safety Bundles with a variety of related resources and real-time experts shedding light on how to apply these resources to practice. Learn more about AIM’s Patient Safety Bundles here.
Check back for monthly innovation features and new campaign content.
Featured Innovations: Training & Resources
In partnership with ACOG, we are excited to support the Maternal Health Awareness campaign on 1/23. See details about ways to get involved here.
Featured resources to advance care:
- ACOG AIM Bundle: Postpartum Discharge
- MHLIC Spark Sessions, video/seminars from various innovative groups in MCH and beyond
- MHLIC’s Featured Innovations from the Maternal Health Resource Center
- ACOG Postpartum Tool Kit: Racial Disparities in Maternal Mortality in the United States and Respectful Care e-Modules
- NewMomHealth.com Provider Postpartum Toolkit
In honor of Hearth Health Month, our training and resource theme surrounds heart health during prenatal and postpartum.
Featured Resources to advance care:
- Review the AIM Bundle: Cardiac Conditions in Obstetric Care
- Review AIM Bundle: Severe Hypertension in Pregnancy
- Watch this MHLIC Spark Session from the Preeclampsia Foundation: The Cuff Kit Project: “Self-Monitored Blood Pressure to Improve Diagnosis of Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy During Remote Healthcare
- Cardiac Conditions in Obstetrical Care (CCOC) Introductory Video: Introduction to Cardiac Conditions in Obstetrical Care: AIM Patient Safety Bundle on Vimeo
- CCOC Consensus statement (also published in the Green Journal) ONG-22-1275 253..263 (saferbirth.org)
- Technical assistance presentation (TAP) webinar on Cardiomyopathy in pregnancy Cardiac Conditions in Obstetrical Care: Considerations for Cardiomyopathy in Pregnancy (October 2022) on Vimeo
Click each for additional info and links.
See the Latest!
Click the hashtag to see the latest posts.
We’ve curated the content so you can join the fun too! Co-branding welcome.
Follow and tag us on Instagram!
AIM is a national team at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) whose mission is to support best practices that make birth safer, improve maternal health outcomes and save lives. Learn more about ACOG AIM.
MHLIC’s vision is to foster collaboration and learning among diverse stakeholders to accelerate evidence-informed interventions advancing equitable maternal health outcomes through engagement, innovation, and policy.