- This event has passed.
Addressing Maternal Health in a Time of COVID-19
The Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA), Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs (HRSA IEA) in Regions 5, 6, and 7 invite you to a webinar on Addressing Maternal Health in a Time of COVID-19. This webinar is part of HRSA IEA Regions 5, 6, and 7’s Maternal Health Webinar Series. The series’ goal is to highlight innovations and promising practices as well as resources to promote and further maternal health and well-being across the lifespan. For more information about the webinar, contact Amanda Waldrup at email@example.com.
- Introduction to HRSA’s MotherToBaby Program, who they are, the resources offered for patients and providers including the methods of free communication with the service, and the types of inquiries that the counselors answer, and how the MotherToBaby reaches vulnerable populations.
- Summary of mental health issues and challenges before, during, and after pregnancy.
- Understand the importance of screening for mental health implications due to isolation related to COVID-19.
- Discuss challenges for providers on the front lines with patients suffering from increased anxiety and mental health issues due to COVID-19.
- Understand treatment options for patients facing concerns around COVID-19 and vaccines.
- Introduction of HRSA’s National Maternal Mental Health Hotline which provided 24/7, free, confidential support, resources and referrals to any pregnant and postpartum mothers facing mental health challenges and their loved ones, via phone and text in English and Spanish.
If you would like to request an auxiliary aid such as Sign Language Interpretive Services, please contact the HRSA Office for Civil Rights, Diversity, and Inclusion at RA- Request@hrsa.gov at least five business days prior to the date of the event.