- Virtual and in-person attendance options are available
- Call for Proposals is due June 11 (CLOSED)
- Exhibitor Applications are due July 19 (CLOSED)
- Priority in-person attendance registration deadline is June 25 (CLOSED)
- Regular in-person attendance registration deadline is August 6
- Virtual attendance registration deadline is August 20
The Maternal Health and Learning Innovation Center (MHLIC) is proud to host the 2nd annual National Maternal Health Innovation Symposium on August 30-31st, 2021. This will be a free, hybrid-virtual event.
By attending, you will:
- Deepen understanding of current issues in maternal health,
- Learn about innovative initiatives to improve maternal health, particularly for Black and Indigenous birthing people, and people living in rural areas, and
- Obtain skills and information needed to create change in communities.
Our goal is that the Symposium will continue to grow into a trusted, evidence-driven, and community-centered space for maternal health professionals and others invested in the well-being of families to connect, recharge, and to advance maternal health equity in the communities in which they serve and support.
The Symposium is for everyone interested in improving maternal health outcomes, including public health professionals, health care providers and administrators, community groups, advocates, policy makers, researchers, and many others.
What to Expect in 2021
We have re-imagined the Symposium experience and are now offering two ways to attend to meet each attendee’s comfort level: join us in-person in Baltimore or attend virtually via live-stream. As of June 30, 2021, we plan to move forward with both the in-person and virtual components. We will continue to monitor all COVID related issues and notify attendees of any changes.
Two Ways to Experience the Symposium
We have limited in-person attendance slots. Read more below.
|Content & Sessions||Virtual & in-person attendees will have access to the same content and sessions, with some limited exception for concurrent workshops that are offered only in-person.|
|Speakers||Hear from and interact with all speakers whether they are at the Symposium venue or presenting from their location.||Expect a mix of in-person speakers and speakers presenting from their home location.|
|Networking||Use various features of our Symposium app to connect with both in-person and virtual attendees. Join events specifically designed to facilitate connection.||Enjoy connecting with colleagues during the event following all hotel, city, and state safety guidelines. Join evening events specifically designed to facilitate connection.|
|Exhibitors||All attendees will have access to our virtual exhibit hall.|
To view the 2020 Maternal Health Innovation event and presentations, click here.
Engage using #MaternalHealthInnovation. Live Twitter stream here: