Cicatelli Associates Inc. (CAI) developed this free, comprehensive training package to increase confidence and skills needed to recognize and respond to maternal depression. The Uplifting Maternal Mental Health curriculum is to be delivered to community health workers by supervisors and other staff designated to provide trainings.
The training will bolster the ability of a non-licensed, community-based workforce to support and educate clients with maternal depression to increase awareness and reduce stigma. As a result of this training, community health workers will be able to:
- Increase knowledge about maternal depression
- Describe racial disparities in maternal mental health outcomes
- Identify how culture influences clients’ experiences
- Analyze stigma associated with maternal depression
- Develop client-centered communication and observation skills
- Understand the role of a community health worker in supporting maternal mental health