You Quit, Two Quit, a program of the UNC Center for Maternal and Infant Health, was launched in July 2008. This program supports comprehensive tobacco use screening and cessation counseling for women of reproductive age, before, between and beyond pregnancy.
You Quit, Two Quit can provide free training on evidence-based tobacco use screening and cessation counseling for your practice. We can also provide assistance in integrating tobacco screening and treatment into your clinic’s work flow.
Training topics include:
- Evidence-based, best practice brief counseling intervention – the 5As
- Motivational interviewing techniques
- Up-to-date information on e-cigarettes and other electronic products
- Pharmacotherapy, including during pregnancy and lactation
- Billing and reimbursement, including CPT codes, reimbursement rates, and other FAQs
- Information about QuitlineNC and how to refer women to the service proactively
- How to access and use free tobacco cessation patient education materials
- How to help those who are not ready to quit – harm reduction and the 5Rs
You Quit, Two Quit is committed to helping you improve the health of the women and families you serve. Training (including contact hours) and assistance is provided at a location that is convenient for you and your staff completely free of charge. You Quit, Two Quit is approved by the North Carolina Nurses Association as a continuing nursing education activity worth 1.5 CEUs.